Friday, July 6, 2012

Voila! A New Past-time! Plus some...

I believe the most exciting technological thing I learned about this semester was definitely how to podcast. It's something I've been interested in for a while but just could never really figure out how to do it and never spent very much time trying to figure it out on my own. I know podcasting will become a new past-time in no time for me in my professional and personal endeavors. I hope to include things like that in my classroom blog too. Actually, the brainstorming that took place during the tech projects in this class led me to come up with some really exciting ideas for my new classroom starting in the fall. 


I tried really hard all semester to utilize the tech project to create real life classroom projects. In this way, the entire class got me thinking on how to improve my room and my class environment before I have even gotten there! What a wonderful thing! The need to complete some of the projects led me to research what the TEKS were, how to use them to make a real lesson plan for my classroom, where to go to find new ways of introducing new concepts...the list goes on and on. 


I also learned how to create an e-portfolio, which is something that at least my family has been wanting me to do for a very long time. In high school, I was really into web design but since then, I have basically forgotten everything having to do with it. It was really neat to get to try my hand at it one more time and reconnect those neurons in my brain. I basically completed my working e-portfolio too...which can be found here:


My Official E-Portfolio!

Anyway, it has been a very enlightening class. I've even learned some about what my philosophy on education is, which has been helpful so far even just in knowing what my goals really are for a lesson plan. I can't wait to engage my classes in higher thinking using the tools I've gained for my educational toolbox from this course. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment